Just a few reminders:
Doors open at 7:45 a.m. each morning. If you need before school care, please contact the office for registration forms and details.
Our email domain has changed to @valleycs.net. Teachers can be emailed at first initial, last name @valleycs.net.
Due to a delay with state paperwork, our bank accounts have not switched over to Valley Christian. Please make checks payable to CCS until further notice. Thank you!
Friday Notes is our main source of communication and your best resource for information about upcoming events, lunch options, etc. Please read over Friday Notes each week for a quick overview of the upcoming events/dates. Event dates and athletic calendars can be found on our school website under the calendar tab. http://www.vcsriverhawks.com/calendar.html
PTO Updates and Reminders
How can you get involved?
1)Help encourage our students in the mornings as they arrive at school by signing up for our Morning Welcome Team from 7:45-8:05.
2)Volleyball Concessions Sign-Up
3) Come be a "Hawks Helper" on Thursday mornings. We cut, copy, staple, and as always HAVE A GREAT TIME helping our teachers be the best!!
4)Let’s celebrate some teacher/staff birthdays by showing them some love!!
Mrs. Boone (HS) August 8th
Mrs. Dadrian Russell (Front Office) August 14th https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090445A5AF2DA64-mrs
Mrs. Tory Evants (Kindergarten) September 1st
· Shop with Scrip, Alisha Beason
· Teacher Birthday & Morning Welcome Team, Julie George
· Community Service, Kristen Nelson
· Grandparent’s Day & Harvest Block Party, Shawn Blevins
· Box Tops, Stephanie Tanner
· Muffins with Mom & Donuts with Dad, Amber Kelley
BE SURE TO LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE TO STAY UP TO DATE!
DATES TO REMEMBER: (Please see the school calendar via our website for athletics and other upcoming events. www.vcsriverhawks.com)
- Monday, September 2: No School – Labor Day
- Tuesday, September 3: School Pictures with Lifetouch Photography
- Thursday, September 5: Bookmobile! Make sure to return your student’s Bookmobile form before this date.
- PTO sponsored Moms Mingle @ 6:30 p.m. in Café
- Friday, September 6:Volleyball Team and Individual Pictures @7:45a.m.
- Saturday, September 7: River Hawk Carwash from 8-1!
- Friday, September 13: Donuts with Dad (See PTO news for info)
- Saturday, September 14: River Hawk Golf Tournament (register on our website at http://www.vcsriverhawks.com/store/c3/Tournament.html)
LUNCH NEXT WEEK:
- Monday: Pepperoni Pizza ($1.50 per slice)
- Tuesday: Chicken Tacos, Beef Tacos, or Rice ($1.50 each)
- Wednesday: Whataburger Regular (Small) Burger and Fries $4.50
- Whataburger Burger and Fries $5.50
- Thursday: Quizno’s Ham, Ham with Cheese, Pizza Flatbread or Mac and Cheese (All Options come with Lays Potato Chips) ($4.50)
- Quizno’s Specialties (Offered to Grades 7-12) Large Specialty Sandwich or Soup Bowl with Chips($6.25)