7-12 Grade Parent/Teacher Conferences are Tuesday, October 22. Please see the schedule below:
- From 3:30-5:00 any 7-12 grade parents can come and visit with their child's teachers. You do not have to wait for your time slot later that evening. You can come and visit early and maybe even be home in time for supper that evening.
- Seniors have a special conference time from 5:30-6:00. SR parents, you do not need to wait and come during your alphabetized time slot, you may come at this special time and get home early.
- For each of your child's teachers you visit, your child will receive an extra 100 point assignment grade in that subject!
PLEASE NOTE: Elementary Teachers will contact parents to schedule conferences throughout the week.
River Hawk Basketball Season is soon approaching and we need your help with Concessions! Basketball Concessions Sign-Up
PTO will be providing dinner for staff on October 22 during Parent/Teacher
Conferences. Here is the link to sign up to help:
The winning elementary class for the Fall Box Tops Contest is Mrs. Rambo’s 2 nd Grade class with 396 Box Tops & the winning High School student is Isaiah Walker with 94 Box Tops. Thank you to all who participated and keep on collecting!!
Let’s celebrate some staff birthdays by showing them some love!! Please note this list includes teachers with summer birthdays as well as the current month’s:
Mrs. Oliver - Oct. 29
Coach Bullard – June 6 th (celebrating Nov 1 st )
Mrs. Potter – June 15 th (celebrating Nov 1 st )
Mrs. Shirley – July 6 th (celebrating Nov 1 st )
Mrs. Terrell – July 9 th (celebrating Nov 1 st )
BE SURE TO LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE TO STAY UP TO DATE!
DATES TO REMEMBER: (Please see the school calendar via our website for athletics and other upcoming events. www.vcsriverhawks.com)
- Friday, October 18: Report Cards may be viewed via Gradelink
- Cookie dough orders and money are due!
- Basketball Fees are Due
- Monday, October 21 - No School
- Tuesday, October 22 - No School - Parent/Teacher Conferences (details coming home soon)
- Friday, October 25: Free Flu Shots offered at school (Waivers must be filled out completely and turned in to the front desk.)
- Tuesday, October 29: Make-up Pictures and Senior Portraits with Lifetouch!
- Friday, December 6: Christmas Dinner Theater! (More information and tickets will come home soon!)
LUNCH NEXT WEEK:
- Monday: No School
- Tuesday: No School
- Wednesday: Whataburger Regular (Small) Burger and Fries $4.50
- Whataburger Burger and Fries $5.50
- NEW OPTION - Popcorn Chicken with Fries $5.50
- Thursday: Quizno’s Ham, Ham with Cheese, Pizza Flatbread or Mac and Cheese (All Options come with Lays Potato Chips) ($4.50)
- Quizno’s Specialties (Offered to Grades 7-12) Large Specialty Sandwich or Soup Bowl with Chips($6.25)
- Friday: Chick-fil-a Sandwich OR 8ct. Nugget with Chips ($6.00) or Fruit ($7.00)